£200+ for a single rave flyer

All flyer & dance music related discussion not covered in the other forums goes in here
UkAcidhouse

Re: £200+ for a single rave flyer

Post by UkAcidhouse » 15 Feb 2017, 16:40

Real UK Acidhouse history, the person whom pulled these gems out of the dark is fantasic.
And that someone has these, what must be very RARE and Original (non-re printed) works of art to bring a value as such.
Also that a buyer can be sure to get an original piece of art from the day.
Like some being sold which seems to be trying to pass it's self off as being a flyer.
Nobody would want to risk over £200 on an item that the person Does'nt Accept Returns, ending up with something thats just a piece of re-printed paper and never flown so is'nt a flyer.

So what factors go into making a really valuable flyer?

RARE and Original - Bigger the event bigger the amount of flyers needed to be printed to promote it.
Illegal events didnt want or require mass amounts of flyers, the same as post acidhouse events which needed over 50,000 flyers or more to be handed out all over the UK to promote an event.
These was only printed in there hundreds.
Work of art - This artwork and its design is underground.
If you was putting on an illegal event the name of the artist was has iconc as the events & nobody wanted to be nicked for it.

Anyway, I guess when a flyer is first sold it could bring alot in its value, then depending on where it ends up could then be de-valued for many reasons to which i guess part reason is above.

Enjoy, ukacidhouse.
"Take Care & Enjoy"
UkAcidhouse.....

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 16 Feb 2017, 12:34

As much as I love these flyers and value thier artwork and place in the UKs cultural history, I believe the market price is way too high right now and prices are being bumped up for whatever reason. Maybe 3 or 4 people desperate to get thier hands on flyers from events they went to and have money to spare.

10 - 12 years ago you could pick these flyers up on ebay for £5 - £40. Just glad we could back then. As we are already seeing, these prices will tempt more people to root around in their lofts and dig out their early flyer collections and get on the band wagon, fair play, I know I would if I wasn't so attached to my collection! Plus it's good to see more rarer flyers on ebay rather than the 1000s of mid 90s stuff.

Check the flyer prices on Weeds price guide collated between 2004 & 2007. Them were the days! lol.
http://www.raveflyers.co.uk/prices.htm
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (215.79 KiB) Viewed 724 times

UkAcidhouse

Post by UkAcidhouse » 23 Feb 2017, 16:49

This is 2017 thats about 10 more years since and in that time more and more will be finding them and getting them out there so some rare people will want..
"Take Care & Enjoy"
UkAcidhouse.....

Return to “General Flyer & Dance Music Chat”