Hello - after some flyers in the name of research

Are you new to the forum? please take some to say hello and tell us who you are
beyonder

Hello - after some flyers in the name of research

Post by beyonder » 12 Mar 2013, 13:30

Hi there,

Great forum you’ve got going here. I happened across it while searching Ebay and the web for some old flyers. More on that in a sec.

By way of introduction, I’m an old London clubber and former DJ/producer who’s on a bit of a nostalgia trip. I’m not a serious flyer collector, and I’m kicking myself for throwing away the stacks I accumulated through spending the best part of a decade immersed in the London trance and hard house scene. Nowadays, I work in a editorial capacity at one of the big global publishing houses and I’m beginning to think about possibly writing a book inspired by those halcyon times.

Unsurprisingly, my memories from that era are somewhat fuzzy and I’m after some visual inspiration to help me out. ;)

I’ll post in the Wanted Flyers section shortly but I’m after as many flyers as I can get my hands on from the London trance and hard dance scene, circa 1998 – 2006. I’m also desperately keen to get my hands on any many copies as possible of the old London dance music fanzine Upfront, if anyone remembers that. I’ll pay good prices for all of the above.

I’m hoping I might be able to source these through this forum. Am I in the right place?

Thanks for reading!

Jim
Last edited by beyonder on 12 Mar 2013, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

blayboy

Re: Hello - after some flyers in the name of research

Post by blayboy » 12 Mar 2013, 14:13

Welcome to the site...

Used to also go out quite a bit in that time.. 98-01 used to go to Squat parties, Pendraggon & Mindscapes and some of the more Psy-Trancey kind of nights.
Not sure if these where the type of events your interested in? May have a few spares but not many. Will have a look at your 'Wanted' flyers list and get back to you.

Actually found an old copy of Upfront from Issue 28 from 2005 the other day!

Hardhouse and Trance flyers arnt the most popular among collectors but im sure there must be some collectors out there?! Well worth a try on this site...
Also try http://www.raveflyers.co.uk/wwwboard/index.htm

Good Luck ... SB

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 12 Mar 2013, 18:24

Great intro, welcome to the forum Jim.

Not sure if I will have any of the flyers you are after, but I do have some later ones.. If you can name some events you are looking for I'll have a dig around

beyonder

Post by beyonder » 12 Mar 2013, 20:36

Thanks guys and cheers for the replies.

In terms of a wants list (and I'm going from memory here), I'm after flyers from the following promotions:

Antiworld, Timeless, Logic, Undertow, Extreme Euphoria, Innovate, Twisted, Knowwhere, Plasma, Riot, Wildchild, Frantic, Heat, Polysexual, Torque, Storm, Milk, Peach, Total Mayhem, Trance Generation, Recoverworld, Cyberkitten, Tilt, Xstatic.

These are the ones that immediately spring to mind although I'm sure there are others. Basically any hard house/trance events from London in the late 1990s or early/mid 2000s.

As mentioned, I'm also very keen to track down as many old issues of Upfront as I can and will pay very good money for these.

Does that help?

blayboy

Post by blayboy » 13 Mar 2013, 17:06

Hi...
Like yourself i used to get a lot of those flyers but i used to pass them on as i collected mainly Hardcore & D&B Flyers. Kept a few of the Psychedelic Flyers like the Pendraggons and a few others. Was never really that interested in the Trance music but the atmosphere at the events was always amazing. Might have a few bits left over will have a look. Will put the Upfront to one side for you. Will look out for your full 'Wants' list but defo try http://www.raveflyers.co.uk/wwwboard/index.htm
Will try and post up a picture of the spares i find...
Spk soon...

beyonder

Post by beyonder » 14 Mar 2013, 17:10

blayboy wrote:Hi...
Like yourself i used to get a lot of those flyers but i used to pass them on as i collected mainly Hardcore & D&B Flyers. Kept a few of the Psychedelic Flyers like the Pendraggons and a few others. Was never really that interested in the Trance music but the atmosphere at the events was always amazing. Might have a few bits left over will have a look. Will put the Upfront to one side for you. Will look out for your full 'Wants' list but defo try http://www.raveflyers.co.uk/wwwboard/index.htm
Will try and post up a picture of the spares i find...
Spk soon...
Thank you - I really appreciate it. :) Just let me know how much you want for the Upfront magazine and any relevant flyers you might have. Meanwhile I'll definitely check out raveflyers.co.uk. Cheers.

blayboy

Post by blayboy » 14 Mar 2013, 21:06

Hi... Can only find one Antiworld flyer... But heres the copy of Upfront... Will PM you soon...
Attachments
upfrontravezine2005.jpg
Upfront Trance & Hard House Ravezine 2005
upfrontravezine2005.jpg (38.24 KiB) Viewed 4445 times

beyonder

Post by beyonder » 16 Mar 2013, 10:36

Definitely interested in that mate - just let me know how much you want for it. Thanks! :)

Hands On Records

Post by Hands On Records » 08 Aug 2014, 04:19

Hi There,

New here, great site and nice to see there is still others out there that value all the diverse history.

I've been collecting flyers, music and many things to do with rave culture since the early 90's but do have some dating back to late 80's.

I'll have to get digging the boxes of really old flyers out and start getting the information online.

I also have a lot of later London flyers and from all over from events you mentioned Jim and issues 1 -30 of Upfront Magazine (Replied to you in another thread)

Hope to speak again soon and keep up the good work guys.

Regards

Matt

www.handsonrecords.co.uk
www.facebook.com/handsonrecords.co.uk
www.facebook.com/weloveoldskool
www.facebook.com/contactevents

Return to “Introduce Yourself”