Hello and howdy

Are you new to the forum? please take some to say hello and tell us who you are
TREBOR74

Hello and howdy

Post by TREBOR74 » 09 Jul 2009, 20:24

Nicename: Woody
Dislikes: Bags of attitude and shit drugs
Best raves attended: Castle Morton, Lechlade, Universe Mind body and soul. All in 1992

Thats a snapshot about me. Not really not what to write except although my raving life has been simmering for the past few years, I began raving in 1991 at Raindance. Quite strange being in this neck of the woods as am from Gloucestershire.
Spent many a wobbly night in a field at free parties. Help organise a few (well DJ'ed at some).
Also had happy memories DJ'ing in Tokyo with Slinky, Thailand (Full Moon Parties), and many times in Prague between 1992-94.
Really I wanted to ask anyone on this site whether they could price up a couple of rare flyers that I own.
1) Spectrum flyer from 1988. It advertises one week in Ibiza at the famous Pacha as well as a couple of other venues. DJ'ing through the week are Paul Oakenfold, Nancy Noise, to name but a few.
2) I attended all the EXODUS (boom shanka) free parties in 1992 in Luton/ Bedford. I have the flyers. O know these are rare as fish eyelids. They were all black and white. Anyone else own these?
Please drop me a holler if you think Im not talking complete rubbish.
woodyatlast@yahoo.co.uk
peace....out
WHERE THERE IS MUSIC THERE IS NO EVIL

Mart

Re: Hello and howdy

Post by Mart » 09 Jul 2009, 20:39

Welcome Woody :-BD

i cant help you with your flyer pricing, sorry but Wigs (forum master :)) ) may beable to help you out..

TREBOR74

Post by TREBOR74 » 09 Jul 2009, 20:41

no worries - thx for mega speedy reply. You on sumting?!
Or am I talking to speedy gonzalez - arriba arriba ;0)
Reckon I need to rub the dust from my scanner and pull my left thumb from my arse, then maybe I can share flyers with the community. Job 4 the weekend me thinks.
Cheers

Mart

Post by Mart » 09 Jul 2009, 20:43

on something, only the beer :))
speedy replyer, yes :-BD
get those flyers posted mate and stick your doubles in the swaps ;)

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 09 Jul 2009, 21:02

TREBOR74 wrote:Really I wanted to ask anyone on this site whether they could price up a couple of rare flyers that I own.
1) Spectrum flyer from 1988. It advertises one week in Ibiza at the famous Pacha as well as a couple of other venues. DJ'ing through the week are Paul Oakenfold, Nancy Noise, to name but a few.
2) I attended all the EXODUS (boom shanka) free parties in 1992 in Luton/ Bedford. I have the flyers. O know these are rare as fish eyelids. They were all black and white. Anyone else own these?
Please drop me a holler if you think Im not talking complete rubbish.
woodyatlast@yahoo.co.uk
peace....out
Welcome Woody, I went to a few Raindances in 1991 too. :-BD

Regarding flyer prices it can be difficult to gauge. Sometimes a flyer you think will go for a lot doesn't, especially at the moment because ebay is awash with common flyers so it makes it difficult for collectors to spot the gems. The Spectrum flyer would be worth a fair bit without a doubt. If you wanted to sell it it would be a case of making sure the right people know about it to ensure you got the best price. Such as posting messages on here and the http://www.raveflyers.co.uk message board.

The closest I've seen to something like that on Ebay in recent times I think was some early Biology / Gennesis stuff but that was probably 1989 and the most expensive one went for around £40 ish. A flyer from 1988 though could fetch much more than that.

waard

Post by waard » 09 Jul 2009, 22:09

Great intro Woody welcome to the forum mate. :ymhug: :-BD

TREBOR74

Post by TREBOR74 » 09 Jul 2009, 22:26

Much obliged mateys for your info.
Will get those flyers done by wkd. for sure.
As there appears to be many collectors from across the water, it would be good to ascertain what their thoughts are on cost. As I said, flyer was picked up in Ibiza in '88.
There is a crease on it (not major) and some twat used blue-tac at one time to stick it to the wall. Oh yeah it was me!
Apart from that pretty clean flyer (would grade VG)

No doubles here. I had thousands of flyers at one time but all went to the binbag in the sky ;0(
Dont worry I am receiving therapy to get over the loss ;0)

Noodle

Post by Noodle » 10 Jul 2009, 08:02

Hello and welcome, hope you enjoy the site :)

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 10 Jul 2009, 11:23

TREBOR74 wrote:and some twat used blue-tac at one time to stick it to the wall. Oh yeah it was me!
Apart from that pretty clean flyer (would grade VG)
Yep, I have quite a few with the old trusty blue tack marks on. #-o #-o

Return to “Introduce Yourself”