phat features

Got a website or forum you want to promote relating to flyers or Dance Music? Post them in here
phatmedia

phat features

Post by phatmedia » 03 Jul 2014, 13:36

Now we've hit the 12000 mark I thought Id do a quick shamless plug for a few new features we've introduced.

Each flyer page has a like or share to facebook button and also a comments box to add info about the flyer or event or put links to footage & mixes from the night. http://www.phatmedia.co.uk/flyers/event/rage-10

There is an also option to post these comms to facebook which will appear on our new fan page. https://www.facebook.com/phatmedia.co.uk

The home page now shows 30 random flyers at each visit or refresh http://www.phatmedia.co.uk

The main flyers page lists all flyers in order of most recently uploaded http://www.phatmedia.co.uk/flyers

Thanks Wigs and Millos for the recent contributions and all other uploaders for helping us host so many flyers.

Next new features will include a gallery for Newsletters, fanzines, press & newpaper articles and merchandise. A magazine full scans section. Also we are working on an idea for user profiles.

Cheers!D

Wigs
Site Admin

Re: phat features

Post by Wigs » 04 Jul 2014, 19:30

No worries, I get some more posted up soon. Searching through the phat database has made me realise there are a lot my flyers that I need than I thought.. Damn! :))

What would be good , if there was a flyer counter on the front page to show how many flyers are uploaded.. Obviously know there are now 12,000, but would be good to see the number ticking up ;)

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 05 Jul 2014, 09:27

Wigs wrote:No worries, I get some more posted up soon. Searching through the phat database has made me realise there are a lot my flyers that I need than I thought.. Damn! :))
Yeah I get that a lot especially when I see all the flyers you keep posting Wigs that Ive never seen before!
Wigs wrote:What would be good , if there was a flyer counter on the front page to show how many flyers are uploaded.. Obviously know there are now 12,000, but would be good to see the number ticking up ;)
A good point mate. The way I count at the moment is going to the main 'Flyers' page and clicking last. Then times the last full page number (400) by 30 (number of flyers per page) and adding any singles at the end! 12013. I can get this implemented in the next update.

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 05 Jul 2014, 09:46

phatmedia wrote: A good point mate. The way I count at the moment is going to the main 'Flyers' page and clicking last. Then times the last full page number (400) by 30 (number of flyers per page) and adding any singles at the end! 12013. I can get this implemented in the next update.
Cool. :-BD

Another thought I had whilst searching (and don't know how easy this would be - or if you would even want it) is to have a page that has a list of everything in the database. I know there is the search function at the moment, but obviously you need to know what you are searching for when using that.

If there was page that had the option to click on each of the items, such as Event name, venue, location, organiser designer and then when you clicked on the one you wanted to look at you drilled into another page which showed all available events, designers etc in a list in alphabetical order (and maybe even the number of flyers) and then if you clicked on that it takes you to all the flyers in that search (much like it does at the moment).

This may not be easy or something you want, but thought I would mention anyway.. :))

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 07 Jul 2014, 08:18

Wigs wrote:Another thought I had whilst searching (and don't know how easy this would be - or if you would even want it) is to have a page that has a list of everything in the database. I know there is the search function at the moment, but obviously you need to know what you are searching for when using that.

If there was page that had the option to click on each of the items, such as Event name, venue, location, organiser designer and then when you clicked on the one you wanted to look at you drilled into another page which showed all available events, designers etc in a list in alphabetical order (and maybe even the number of flyers) and then if you clicked on that it takes you to all the flyers in that search (much like it does at the moment).

This may not be easy or something you want, but thought I would mention anyway.. :))
THis is something I have thought about before Wigs, its a good point but also will take a lot to index a database of this size. Ill look into it as it would be really useful. Watch this space....

The total flyer counter is already in production btw.

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 07 Jul 2014, 19:45

phatmedia wrote: The total flyer counter is already in production btw.
Nice one! :-BD

Return to “Website & Forum Promotion”