Dave Swindells Photography

Got a website or forum you want to promote relating to flyers or Dance Music? Post them in here
Wigs
Site Admin

Dave Swindells Photography

Post by Wigs » 12 Apr 2014, 18:53

http://www.daveswindells.com/about-dave
I have photographed the nightlife scene in London and beyond since 1984, as well as writing about it extensively as Nightlife Editor at Time Out from 1986-2009. I have documented countless different scenes (well, OK, that's an exaggeration, but put it this way, I'm still counting) and his photographs have been featured in i-D, The Face, The Observer, Mixmag and many other publications worldwide as well as Time Out.
I've variously used Pentax, Olympus and Canon cameras as well as a Mamiya 6, a Fujica 6x9 and a Yashica Mat 124 twin-lens reflex, and I still love shooting film, especially for medium format, but mostly it's digital these days.
This website also showcases pictures which have also been taken a long way from the dancefloor in beautiful places around the world from Cornwall and Clapton to Sri Lanka.
In 2011 I have worked with Ernesto Leal and Lisa Loud at OurHistory (www.culthist.com) to produce an exhibition, SPIRIT OF IBIZA '89 at The Printspace on Kingsland Road in May. The photos – of London clubs in 1988 when the culture was so heavily influenced and insprired by Ibiza, and of Ibiza in June 1989 – have subsequently been shown at the International Music Summit in Ibiza, and are on display at the beautiful Hotel Es Vive in Ibiza until late September 2011.

phatmedia

Re: Dave Swindells Photography

Post by phatmedia » 13 Apr 2014, 09:06

Always loved Dave Swindells work. A quick google image search of his name & acid house shows just how many iconic images are his.
The Ibiza one of the geezer reading The Scums 'Peril of Rave Isle Kids' whilst in Ibiza is one of his best known in the rave scene.
http://now-here-this.timeout.com/2011/0 ... rintspace/

Return to “Website & Forum Promotion”