What Are You Doing Right Now?

Post anything off topic and chat about anything which is not covered in the other forums in here
Mart

Re: What Are You Doing Right Now?

Post by Mart » 02 Mar 2011, 20:00

Sat drinking a bottle of Cobra looking through my flyer collection(s) and thinking of cutting it down and getting rid of some 8-}

Ive been looking and thinking for awhile now about sticking to certain collections rather than just collecting everything i get my hands on (i cant help hoarding stuff :)) )

Is this a crazy idea ? i really do think i will be gutted if i get rid of other stuff but i really want to concentrate on my main collections..

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 02 Mar 2011, 20:01

malgossno1 wrote:Sat drinking a bottle of Cobra looking through my flyer collection(s) and thinking of cutting it down and getting rid of some 8-}

Ive been looking and thinking for awhile now about sticking to certain collections rather than just collecting everything i get my hands on (i cant help hoarding stuff :)) )

Is this a crazy idea ? i really do think i will be gutted if i get rid of other stuff but i really want to concentrate on my main collections..
I only collect stuff from particular promoters.. I decided that at the very begining when i got the bug.. However, I do still have lots of other flyers too. My advice would be to concentrate on the main promoters and if you pick up others along the way so be it.. they can always be used to trade. ;)

Mart

Post by Mart » 02 Mar 2011, 20:12

Wigs wrote:
malgossno1 wrote:Sat drinking a bottle of Cobra looking through my flyer collection(s) and thinking of cutting it down and getting rid of some 8-}

I only collect stuff from particular promoters.. I decided that at the very begining when i got the bug.. However, I do still have lots of other flyers too. My advice would be to concentrate on the main promoters and if you pick up others along the way so be it.. they can always be used to trade. ;)
Sound advice and something i am going to be doing if i can bring myself to part with the stuff :)) but seriously if it helps me get others i need then its a great idea :-BD

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 28 Mar 2011, 20:06

Just finished updating the collections sold on the stats page... #:-s

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 29 Mar 2011, 13:09

Nearly 12 000 scans done, that includes front and backs. It's gets quite mind numbing TBH! #:-S
Total of two years working onit. About 90% of my UK flyers done then onto the Euro raves!

Sorted out a load of doubles so put the first batch on thebay....more to follow....

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/phatmedia-co-uk/ ... 4340.l2562

Mal, the amount of times Ive tried to skim down the collection to what I really want to collect isnt funny.
Then when I start sorting I always find reasons to hold on to them and and end up keeping the lot. Gotta be more ruthless I guess.

Mart

Post by Mart » 16 Apr 2011, 18:30

Mal, the amount of times Ive tried to skim down the collection to what I really want to collect isnt funny.
Then when I start sorting I always find reasons to hold on to them and and end up keeping the lot. Gotta be more ruthless I guess.
I know exactly what your saying mate. I have been sorting out flyers to keep and flyers to swap / sell and what a job its been so far :ymsigh: im more interested in keeping all my vibealite/ tomorrows world/ pleasuredome flyers and i keep finding odd flyers were vibealite had a room and then putting that in the collection then thinking maybe i should also collect said flyers 8-} :))

I have finally come to turms that i am only going to collect vibealite / tomorrows world / pleasuredome flyers and the odd ones that were joint with them events.

Ive got into vinyl in a big way and i also have a big collection of vibealite / tomorrows world / pleasuredome tapes so as a compramise with the wife all the other flyers have got to go.

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 16 Apr 2011, 18:38

malgossno1 wrote:
I know exactly what your saying mate. I have been sorting out flyers to keep and flyers to swap / sell and what a job its been so far :ymsigh: im more interested in keeping all my vibealite/ tomorrows world/ pleasuredome flyers and i keep finding odd flyers were vibealite had a room and then putting that in the collection then thinking maybe i should also collect said flyers 8-} :))

I have finally come to turms that i am only going to collect vibealite / tomorrows world / pleasuredome flyers and the odd ones that were joint with them events.

Ive got into vinyl in a big way and i also have a big collection of vibealite / tomorrows world / pleasuredome tapes so as a compramise with the wife all the other flyers have got to go.
Mal, that is a wise decision.. I decided when I started collecting that I would only collect flyers for promotors where I had been to the event.. Doesn't help me too much as that included Amnesia, Fantazia, Interdance, Orange, Raindance to name a few.. :)) But at least it had limited what I'm searching for... Collecting all flyers like some folk must be a nightmare... I wouldn't know where to start / stop... :((

Higguz

Post by Higguz » 03 Nov 2011, 18:52

Reading through the latest posts on here for the first time in too loooong

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 26 Nov 2011, 11:33

Just been updating the stats for the last week.. So many to post up.. . :((

Higguz

Post by Higguz » 16 Dec 2011, 15:23

Debating whether to start wrapping crimbo prezzies,thankfully theres not many :ymsigh:

Return to “Off Topic / General Chat”