IAAO - RIP

Post anything off topic and chat about anything which is not covered in the other forums in here
Wigs
Site Admin

IAAO - RIP

Post by Wigs » 11 Jun 2016, 18:34

Some sad news that the database for the Oldskool side (http://www.its-all-about-oldskool.com) became corrupted and so had gone forever.. Not been on there so much in the last year or so, but spent way too much time in-between 2009 and probably about 2013 talking with other oldskool heads.

Some good memories from there! :-BD
Ok here is the latest update on IAAO. In simple terms it is gone. The database got corrupted and there is no way of getting it back to a working state.
Without a working database, all posts, members and everything else in between are lost and unable to be salvaged. There is no way around this. It goes without saying that this is a very sad day. IAAO has been online since 2009, serving the memories and needs of ravers old and new, preserving a little part of history.
I'd like to thank all those who made it what is was from the humble beginnings, to the bitter end. Those who stuck with it and those who helped to build it but moved onto pastures new. It brought a lot of folks together and helped form lasting friendships and opportunities to lots of its members. IAAO helped relight a flame of creativity in some members and helped them fulfil their dreams of being producers and DJ's.
We had a good run and sadly it has to close its doors for the last time.
What now you ask? Well who knows what the future holds, but if anything comes out of this you will be the first to know.
China Rising

Thrash

Re: IAAO - RIP

Post by Thrash » 16 Jun 2016, 16:29

Shambles.
ImageImage

China Rising
Site Admin

Post by China Rising » 16 Jun 2016, 22:00

Yep, it's very sad. Life has generally got it my way for a long time now, but now that the site is gone, I miss it a lot. I guess the old saying of you don't know what you've got until it's gone rings true here.
The Only Oldskool Site You Will Ever Need: http://www.its-all-about-oldskool.com

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 19 Jun 2016, 19:12

Thrash wrote:Shambles.
Constructive as always! =)) :-BD

mart1

Post by mart1 » 20 Jun 2016, 12:06

Really sad news. I'd not been active on there for a while and loved the place in the early days.

China Rising
Site Admin

Post by China Rising » 01 Jul 2016, 21:30

Pureoldsoolers is back: www.pureoldskoolers.com

new site now live.

Let your friends know, let the members know, let your pets know. Let's help build a new/old home.

Hopefully you will join us.
The Only Oldskool Site You Will Ever Need: http://www.its-all-about-oldskool.com

Return to “Off Topic / General Chat”