Facebook Profiles

Post anything off topic and chat about anything which is not covered in the other forums in here
Wigs
Site Admin

Facebook Profiles

Post by Wigs » 13 Jan 2015, 18:50

The Facebook police have shut down my Facebook profile 'Oldskool Flyers' and unless I turn it into 'page' it's gone.

I'm not on Facebook apart from that, so deciding whether or not to continue with it. Most likely not..

I really don't see what the issue is with 'real names' anyway. :-?

phatmedia

Re: Facebook Profiles

Post by phatmedia » 14 Jan 2015, 08:57

Wigs wrote:The Facebook police have shut down my Facebook profile 'Oldskool Flyers' and unless I turn it into 'page' it's gone.

I'm not on Facebook apart from that, so deciding whether or not to continue with it. Most likely not..

I really don't see what the issue is with 'real names' anyway. :-?
Bloody pointless isn't it. I think I get away with it only 'cos I have my first name on it. Dave Phatmedia. Have you tried changing it to something like Wigs Oldskool
Flyers?

Wigs
Site Admin

Re: Facebook Profiles

Post by Wigs » 14 Jan 2015, 12:59

phatmedia wrote:
Bloody pointless isn't it. I think I get away with it only 'cos I have my first name on it. Dave Phatmedia. Have you tried changing it to something like Wigs Oldskool
Flyers?
I didn't seem to have a choice to change name, the only option given appeared to be convert to a page. To convert to a page I need to join Facebook again to be admin.. [-(

It's a shame as I have got some good pics and info from Facebook... but not sure if I want to join again. :-?

Return to “Off Topic / General Chat”