old raves back again

Post anything off topic and chat about anything which is not covered in the other forums in here
niconelove

old raves back again

Post by niconelove » 05 Feb 2012, 08:51

anyone else noticed just how many old raves are back putting on raves again? there seem to be more than new ones at the moment, the ones ive seen are..
fantazia back at castle donnington
dreamscape - last one a month ago sold out - another one soon
orange - last night (not sure how it went
desire (last couple were rammed)
labrynth (sell out every time)
desire and labrynth are doing an event together next weekend
jungle fever
jungle mania
awol

im sure there are more as well
thousands of flyers for sale, also coach and ticket sales for upcoming events like HTID, RAINDANCE, EPIDEMIK, UPROAR ETC.
http://www.onelovemagazine.co.uk

Wigs
Site Admin

Re: old raves back again

Post by Wigs » 05 Feb 2012, 09:48

niconelove wrote:anyone else noticed just how many old raves are back putting on raves again? there seem to be more than new ones at the moment, the ones ive seen are..
jungle fever
jungle mania
awol

It is amazing how many are springing back to life... I wonder if they are all with the original team of people?

Thrash

Post by Thrash » 06 Feb 2012, 22:50

No doubt for predominantly the same reason as back in the day.... Money! ;)

Few promoters were in it just to have a good time, that was what the Free Parties were for.... @-)

Call me a cynic.... :))
ImageImage

caballero

Post by caballero » 07 Feb 2012, 00:12

Thrash wrote:No doubt for predominantly the same reason as back in the day.... Money! ;)

Few promoters were in it just to have a good time, that was what the Free Parties were for.... @-)

Call me a cynic.... :))
Not sure you can say that so much about Dreamscape. They did the reunion for charity...

Jim Tang the DS promoter is also one of the nicest guys ever! Always got loads of time for anyone ;)

caballero

Post by caballero » 07 Feb 2012, 00:16

Wigs wrote:
niconelove wrote:anyone else noticed just how many old raves are back putting on raves again? there seem to be more than new ones at the moment, the ones ive seen are..
jungle fever
jungle mania
awol

It is amazing how many are springing back to life... I wonder if they are all with the original team of people?
Been to Fantazia in Stoke last year, and Dreamscape in November! Great nights, especially Dreamscape! :ymparty:

Will be going to Dreamscape again in May and Fantazia Donnington, not sure about others yet as it costs a fair bit to get over from Jersey.

Other promoters doing events this year are Club Kinetic and Quest (that i can remember off the top of my head), and there is a big 2 day Old Skool festival Retro Trax in Bath in early May :)

caballero

Post by caballero » 07 Feb 2012, 00:32

Wigs wrote:
Dreamscape are the OG crew Jim Tang and Mark "Staf" Stafford

Fantazia is promoted by Alex "MC Energy", he is the Illusion promoter but Fantazia contract out their events to him

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 07 Feb 2012, 11:50

caballero wrote: Been to Fantazia in Stoke last year, and Dreamscape in November! Great nights, especially Dreamscape! :ymparty:

Will be going to Dreamscape again in May and Fantazia Donnington, not sure about others yet as it costs a fair bit to get over from Jersey.

Other promoters doing events this year are Club Kinetic and Quest (that i can remember off the top of my head), and there is a big 2 day Old Skool festival Retro Trax in Bath in early May :)
You have more energy than me that's for sure.

caballero

Post by caballero » 08 Feb 2012, 09:16

Wigs wrote: You have more energy than me that's for sure.
You'd think so wouldn't you, but in reality i get there dance for 10mins and i'm knackered! Back to the hotel by 4am :D

blayboy

Post by blayboy » 08 Feb 2012, 16:47

To be fair there's been a steady flow of 'Old Skool' Raves for the past 12 years or so.... Fantazia have been promoting events every so often... now we have Dreamscpae back again... Promoters like Desire, Raveology, Hysteria, United Dance, AWOL and Raindance have been putting on regular events... Some more succussful than others!

Like to think the promoters are doing it for the right reasons but £20+ for Fantazia in the Opera House in Bournemouth!!! :-o
You'd think so wouldn't you, but in reality i get there dance for 10mins and i'm knackered! Back to the hotel by 4am
:ymparty: Double Red Bull & Vodkas for u then 8-|

msj2uk

Post by msj2uk » 27 Sep 2012, 16:48

Things such as music, fashion, toys and attitude go round in about 20-25year cycles... Which is about right. But it won't be the exact same cos it's a different generation. :| thats not a bad thing! ... I just wish that 20 years ago had a camera phone... No, just a neat small camera would do. :D
;;) LizzHW from Leeds ;;)

Return to “Off Topic / General Chat”