Interesting Rave Flyer Sales!

Post details of your rave flyer, poster, tickets, magazine sales you have and are willing to sell or swap with other members in here.
Wigs
Site Admin

Re: Interesting Rave Flyer Sales!

Post by Wigs » 24 Jan 2015, 09:59

Wigs wrote: Still no takers and it's down to £149.99
The attachment Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 09.54.39.png is no longer available
Now at £50…. from £2,000.. at least a more realistic price now..
Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 09.58.34.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 09.58.34.png (84.59 KiB) Viewed 3368 times

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 28 Jan 2015, 17:47

Could do with the FX Promotions B&W one and the A3 Dr Devious but not for £50.

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 29 Jan 2015, 14:25

**MINT** SUNRISE RAVE FLYER "MIDSUMMER NIGHTS DREAM" SATURDAY 24TH JUNE 1989

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINT-SUNRISE- ... 259ed2f6f5
The Sunrise Midsummer Nights Dream at White Waltham airstrip, Berkshire was one of the largest Acid House raves at the time in the UK & attended by over 11,000 people in thousands of vehicles causing a 3 mile tailback on the approach road up to the ’Fairey’ hangar.
It was one of the most notable parties in rave history because The Sun newspaper ran the famous headline "SPACED OUT" with a two page "Ecstacy Airport” expose the following day which then brought the scene a lot of unwelcome attention & led to the Private Members Bill to clamp down on unlicensed parties
Other newspaper reports wrote “youngsters so drugged up they ripped the heads of pigeons!” and “at the end of the night the floor was covered in empty ecstasy wrappers”. Both were untrue.
I know, I was there as part of the production team & actually the "empty ecstasy wrappers" were small pieces of silver foil glitter that were fired from my compressed air confetti cannon.
I also designed & printed these flyers & this one is from my own personal collection and therefore it has never been circulated & is in MINT condition.
Buy yourself a unique piece of Acid House history that, because of its rarity & condition is likely to go up in value.
I got a mint one years back, can't remember what I paid for it. Also got a copy of The Scum that reported it as mentioned above.
Ive heard that about the foil 'ecstasy wrappers' before. Apparently reported by Scum journos that were at the rave joining in.

Word of mouth would have played a big part but I wonder how many of these flyers were printed and in circulation originally to get over 11000 there.

Tim

Post by Tim » 29 Jan 2015, 21:57

£60 Seems a bit steep an thats the 'start' price. Maybe the seller was part of the sunrise team and designed and printed the flyer as he claims!!! If so hows about digging out the previous flyers for their events.. the first sunrise was only 9 months earlier. I would much rather buy a sought after flyer like this with a little sign of age than it looking like its just come off the print press, their again..he was the printer :ymsmug:

Tim

Post by Tim » 05 Feb 2015, 14:13

Another Sunrise - Midsummers, just sold for £13.50! Had 3 bidders and a ten pound start. Looked legit wasn't mint but was in good condition. Seller had it listed as 'sunrise flyer', think if they had added the 'rave' in the tittle it would have gone for alot more..

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 05 Feb 2015, 14:49

That happens a lot, 'rave' being missed off the title. I agree it prob would have gone for more.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunrise-Flyer ... 7675.l2557

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 05 Feb 2015, 19:19

nicky wrote:Another Sunrise - Midsummers, just sold for £13.50! Had 3 bidders and a ten pound start. Looked legit wasn't mint but was in good condition. Seller had it listed as 'sunrise flyer', think if they had added the 'rave' in the tittle it would have gone for alot more..
I've missed out on a few of my wants before when that happens.. I generally only search for rave flyer, so if that's missing I'm screwed.. :))

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 12 Feb 2015, 11:33

Yeah saw that. 38 flyers. 2 short of 1 - 40. They are not rare tho as I have loads of these in multiples filling up shoe boxes.
Worth a tenner at best.

Return to “Rave Flyer, Poster, Ticket, Magazine Sales & Swaps”