Wanted Egypt flyer 1989 and clink street 88-89

Post details of flyers you are looking for in here
Forum rules
1) If you choose to trade with another member you do so at your own risk. If money is changing hands then the transaction should be completed through either eBay or Paypal for your protection.
2) This site takes no responsibilty for flyers traded between members
Robbylaaff

Wanted Egypt flyer 1989 and clink street 88-89

Post by Robbylaaff » 02 Sep 2012, 22:18

Does anyone have a good condition Egypt flyer from a rave in Banstead 1989? If so call me 07812117563. Thanks Rob. :-BD
Last edited by Robbylaaff on 23 Sep 2012, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.

Wigs
Site Admin

Re: Wanted Egypt flyer 1989

Post by Wigs » 22 Sep 2012, 15:04

Is this it?

now on sale on ebay by racecave

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EGYPT-Rave-Fl ... 3a7a05a7c3

Robbylaaff

Re: Wanted Egypt flyer 1989 also Clink street 88-89

Post by Robbylaaff » 23 Sep 2012, 07:23

Yep that's it, I helped set it up and had a thoroughly good time! Was front page news in the local rag. It's not in great condition though, was looking for one I could possibly frame. Thanks Wigs! ^:)^
I want a clink street flyer also if you know of any circa late 88-89?

Wigs
Site Admin

Re: Wanted Egypt flyer 1989 and clink street 88-89

Post by Wigs » 23 Sep 2012, 09:03

Robbylaaff wrote:Yep that's it, I helped set it up and had a thoroughly good time! Was front page news in the local rag. It's not in great condition though, was looking for one I could possibly frame. Thanks Wigs! ^:)^
I want a clink street flyer also if you know of any circa late 88-89?
Yeah, I noticed the condition wasn't great. Might be worth holding out.

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 23 Sep 2012, 12:06

Out of interest, what was the attendance / venue like? And were you involved with any other raves?

Robbylaaff

Post by Robbylaaff » 23 Sep 2012, 13:18

I think from memory, which is a bit hazy, there were 2-3 thousand ish. My boss at the time knew the promotors and the plan was to erect some large marquees on Walton Heath, just down the road. When the night came it was really windy and getting the tents up was impossible. They thought it was all over but I knew of an old hospital in cuddinton, Banstead. I grew up in Banstead and one of my friends parents used to work there. We went to scope it out and found that the security guards hut was empty, he turned the light on, hung up his uniform and went down the pub probably most nights. When he returned that night he found a major party going on, artic lorrys with huge generators, mass speakers, grooverider, fabio, rat pack it was awesome. Had a fantastic time and the police pulled the plug at 8am ish :( the local papers read "acid house hits Banstead" as most of the roads were gridlocked. Makes me proud to bring it to my home town, don't think the locals were impressed but hey ho. The site is now a posh housing estate.
We used to run a club called in crystal palace, can't remember the name but the venue was a small club under the football ground called eagles nest, on Thursday and Friday nights. There was another club upstairs called crystals which was much larger. We had Fabio and grooverider there twice I think. Used to frequent clink st, heaven, Astoria, fitness centre (shoom) crow land rd, dungeons ect great memories, wish I was there now 8-}

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 23 Sep 2012, 19:20

Robbylaaff wrote:I think from memory, which is a bit hazy, there were 2-3 thousand ish. My boss at the time knew the promotors and the plan was to erect some large marquees on Walton Heath, just down the road. When the night came it was really windy and getting the tents up was impossible. They thought it was all over but I knew of an old hospital in cuddinton, Banstead. I grew up in Banstead and one of my friends parents used to work there. We went to scope it out and found that the security guards hut was empty, he turned the light on, hung up his uniform and went down the pub probably most nights. When he returned that night he found a major party going on, artic lorrys with huge generators, mass speakers, grooverider, fabio, rat pack it was awesome. Had a fantastic time and the police pulled the plug at 8am ish :( the local papers read "acid house hits Banstead" as most of the roads were gridlocked. Makes me proud to bring it to my home town, don't think the locals were impressed but hey ho. The site is now a posh housing estate.
We used to run a club called in crystal palace, can't remember the name but the venue was a small club under the football ground called eagles nest, on Thursday and Friday nights. There was another club upstairs called crystals which was much larger. We had Fabio and grooverider there twice I think. Used to frequent clink st, heaven, Astoria, fitness centre (shoom) crow land rd, dungeons ect great memories, wish I was there now 8-}
Shoom etc where before my time.. I only started going to raves in 1990.. I went to dungeons in either late 90 or early 91, but it was past it's busy heyday.. Still had a good night, but there wern't that many people there.. Very loud though!

blayboy

Post by blayboy » 23 Sep 2012, 20:11

We went to scope it out and found that the security guards hut was empty, he turned the light on, hung up his uniform and went down the pub probably most nights. When he returned that night he found a major party going on, artic lorrys with huge generators, mass speakers, grooverider, fabio, rat pack it was awesome.
=))

Imagine trying to explain that one to your manager!!!! #-o

Return to “Wanted Flyers”