Yellow @ The Boardwalk

Post details of flyers you are looking for in here
Forum rules
1) If you choose to trade with another member you do so at your own risk. If money is changing hands then the transaction should be completed through either eBay or Paypal for your protection.
2) This site takes no responsibilty for flyers traded between members
dynamiccoins

Yellow @ The Boardwalk

Post by dynamiccoins » 22 Feb 2012, 22:07

Hi,

I'm on the hunt for flyers from some of the clubs/events I used to go to so if anyone has a flyer from Yellow @ Broadwalk around October - December 1991 do let me know

Thanks

Wigs
Site Admin

Re: Yellow @ The Boardwalk

Post by Wigs » 23 Feb 2012, 19:45

dynamiccoins wrote:Hi,

I'm on the hunt for flyers from some of the clubs/events I used to go to so if anyone has a flyer from Yellow @ Broadwalk around October - December 1991 do let me know

Thanks
I've not heard of that before, where abouts was that?

kathgy

Post by kathgy » 23 Feb 2012, 20:16

I HAVE HEARD OF IT THINK IT WAS MANCHESTER WAY ON BUT THOUGHT IT OPENED IN 92/93 ?

dynamiccoins

Post by dynamiccoins » 23 Feb 2012, 21:02

hi,

Now i'm hanging my head in shame - i could have sworn it was the back end of 1991 but it must have been more like early 1992 - christ thats not great :-)

Still interested in a flyer.

This is the club... http://www.davehaslam.com/control.php?_ ... PLAY/29/16

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 23 Feb 2012, 21:30

dynamiccoins wrote:hi,

Now i'm hanging my head in shame - i could have sworn it was the back end of 1991 but it must have been more like early 1992 - christ thats not great :-)

Still interested in a flyer.

This is the club... http://www.davehaslam.com/control.php?_ ... PLAY/29/16
Thanks for the link. :-BD

dynamiccoins

Post by dynamiccoins » 24 Feb 2012, 01:05

You know what...i've been looking round and the nights i actually went to at the Boardwalk must have been Freedom in 1991 - the timing for 1992 is all wrong.

I started at the Hacienda in mid 91 and was going there when i went to the second day of Cities in the Park (in Heaton Park - what a day that was) which as August 91. From then i went to the Boardwalk (must have been the Freedom night - it was bloody good I remember that much - used to be pa's on alot).

Then in early 2002 started going to the New Dawn night at Rockworld - i must have gone to the first night as i remember being in there with about 20 people. Went to each one over the next few weeks and by then it was packed out. I sacked it when it got too dodgy and was shut down - anywhere off the Dance Floor was bandit country. I seem to recall a rave New Dawn did in Cheshire? I ended up going to Stoke a bit to Club Kinetic which must have been towards the end of 92 and did the Dance Nation thing at the Kart place in Warrington and that was May 92.

Well if nothing else this thread has helped me recall what the hell i was up to.

So it changes a bit.....does anyone have a flyer from Freedom at the Boardwalk - any dates form the back end of 91 :D

In fact any flyers from any of those nights mentioned would be good - except RockWorld and Dance Nation as I have those.

blayboy

Post by blayboy » 24 Feb 2012, 18:03

This is a good site for Manc Flyers... /:)
U might need to do a bit of searching tho :-B !

http://www.mdmarchive.co.uk/archive/homePage.php

Not sure if anyone there could help??
Well if nothing else this thread has helped me recall what the hell i was up to
8-}
Good Times!!

dynamiccoins

Post by dynamiccoins » 24 Feb 2012, 20:37

Thanks blayboy.

I checked that site out and you weren't wrong - man it has all sorts of stuff on there - from my gigging days in the 80's through to clubbing etc - nice one.

Here's one for Freedom - http://www.mdmarchive.co.uk/archive/sho ... 20&bid=935 - and emailed the guy but it bounced back. Looks like the bloke who posted it was the DJ Tintin who used to play there - name of Marc Smith apparently.

and one for Shine at the Hacienda - http://www.mdmarchive.co.uk/archive/sho ... hp?aid=978.

Shame these things aren't for sale

blayboy

Post by blayboy » 25 Feb 2012, 10:12

Its a good site but not sure how often its updated or how up to date the users info is.....
At least now you have some scans for reference...
Living on the south coast most of my life i didn't really get that many Manchester flyers...
U might be able to help with one flyer in my collection that i cant get a date for....
An event called 'Lets Get Horny'. South King Street. Manchester. Must be sometime between 88-92? Any ideas?

dynamiccoins

Post by dynamiccoins » 27 Feb 2012, 19:49

Hi,

I dont know anything about that night - sorry!

Someone has posted a Sihne flyer from '92 on Ebay - not sure on that as I wanted one from 91

Return to “Wanted Flyers”