WATERMARKING SCANS

All flyer & dance music related discussion not covered in the other forums goes in here
renegade radio
Posts: 11
Joined: 15 Jun 2009, 14:24
Location: www.renegaderadio.co.uk
Contact:

WATERMARKING SCANS

Post by renegade radio » 15 Jun 2009, 21:25

AS I HAVE SAID IN OTHER FORUMS...

FOO HAS SCANNED ALL MY FLYERS/HANDOUTS/TICKETS/BOOKLETS ETC ETC ETC.

THESE ARE HIGH QUALITY SCANS

I WANNA BE ABLE TO PUT THEM ON THE NET, BUT ALOT OF THE STUFF IS VERY RARE - NO WAY IM UPPIN IT FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE CREDIT AND SAY THEY HAVE THEM AND TAKEN THE TIME TO SCAN THEM.


CAN ANYONE SUGEST SUMMIT THAT WILL WATERMAK THE FLYERS, BUT NOT RUIN HOW THEY LOOK - ALSO THAT CANNOT BE REMOVED.


CHEERS - HOPE WE CAN SHARE THEM WITH PEOPLE.

User avatar
Wigs
Site Admin
Posts: 9213
Joined: 28 May 2009, 07:01
Location: Essex

Re: WATERMARKING SCANS

Post by Wigs » 15 Jun 2009, 21:56

renegade radio wrote:AS I HAVE SAID IN OTHER FORUMS...

FOO HAS SCANNED ALL MY FLYERS/HANDOUTS/TICKETS/BOOKLETS ETC ETC ETC.

THESE ARE HIGH QUALITY SCANS

I WANNA BE ABLE TO PUT THEM ON THE NET, BUT ALOT OF THE STUFF IS VERY RARE - NO WAY IM UPPIN IT FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE CREDIT AND SAY THEY HAVE THEM AND TAKEN THE TIME TO SCAN THEM.


CAN ANYONE SUGEST SUMMIT THAT WILL WATERMAK THE FLYERS, BUT NOT RUIN HOW THEY LOOK - ALSO THAT CANNOT BE REMOVED.


CHEERS - HOPE WE CAN SHARE THEM WITH PEOPLE.
The guy who runs http://www.borosix.co.uk/home/home_page.html has put his logo accross his flyers (see below). I guess that's one answer. Not sure how you do it though. :-\

Image

missvinyljunkie
Posts: 17
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 11:18

Re: WATERMARKING SCANS

Post by missvinyljunkie » 17 Jun 2009, 08:45

i know the ones i have for the gallery on osa are all watermarked but the prgramme itself does it for you. so im presuming that the watermark is incorporated in that B-)

User avatar
Wigs
Site Admin
Posts: 9213
Joined: 28 May 2009, 07:01
Location: Essex

Re: WATERMARKING SCANS

Post by Wigs » 17 Jun 2009, 11:08

I'm not marking the scans on this site at all, I've come to terms with the fact that they may get used elsewhere. But mine aren't really 'high quality' scans anyway. However, anyone viewing the gallery will have to register in order to do so.

renegade radio
Posts: 11
Joined: 15 Jun 2009, 14:24
Location: www.renegaderadio.co.uk
Contact:

Re: WATERMARKING SCANS

Post by renegade radio » 25 Jun 2009, 16:15

missvinyljunkie wrote:i know the ones i have for the gallery on osa are all watermarked but the prgramme itself does it for you. so im presuming that the watermark is incorporated in that B-)

what program is that?

User avatar
beach_borosix
Posts: 301
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 13:43
Location: Posterville, UK
Contact:

Re: WATERMARKING SCANS

Post by beach_borosix » 03 Jul 2009, 07:27

Right... I will tell you how I done it...

All you need is Adobe Photoshop... And Irfanview...

01. Use Irfanview to reduce your original image... Smaller is better!... Try and keep images all the same size!...
02. Save smaller images in new folder...
03. Drag and drop images into Photoshop...
04. Write over the top of image using text tool... Top left of programme...
05. The text will become a new layer... To make the text lighter, change the layer's opacity...
06. Duplicate the layer and use the text tool to change the text's colour...
07. Save the image your working on with the text layers as a .psd file... That is your template that you can you use all the time...
08. Flatten the image... Layer - Flatten Image... Layers will become the one image...
09. Drag the image from the template to the original image...
10. Flatten image ontop of original image and save!... Job done!...

If you have loads of images, I would advise you to use Irfanview... You can reduce, enlarge, fine rotate [ 0.2 degrees is the difference between your flyer / image looking nice or it been lop-sided ] add a canvas [ Border to you & me ] and sharpen [ But photoshop's sharpen tool is slightly better ] your image...

I cant believe I have just let off with a trade secret...

User avatar
beach_borosix
Posts: 301
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 13:43
Location: Posterville, UK
Contact:

Re: WATERMARKING SCANS

Post by beach_borosix » 03 Jul 2009, 07:37

Wigs wrote:I'm not marking the scans on this site at all, I've come to terms with the fact that they may get used elsewhere.
I can see where you are coming from but I would watermark everything... Even my boxers!... Otherwise you will get promoters wil no interest in ravers nicking your s&^t... At least you know that the offending party has nicked your shit!... Picture theft is a form of flatterly!...
Wigs wrote:mine aren't really 'high quality' scans anyway.
Mine ain't either... But I am not going to do all that work so someone else to claim the credit... That ain't running old boy!...
Wigs wrote:However, anyone viewing the gallery will have to register in order to do so.
Your members will clapse your images!...

User avatar
Wigs
Site Admin
Posts: 9213
Joined: 28 May 2009, 07:01
Location: Essex

Re: WATERMARKING SCANS

Post by Wigs » 03 Jul 2009, 18:02

beach_borosix wrote:
Wigs wrote:I'm not marking the scans on this site at all, I've come to terms with the fact that they may get used elsewhere.
I can see where you are coming from but I would watermark everything... Even my boxers!... Otherwise you will get promoters wil no interest in ravers nicking your s&^t... At least you know that the offending party has nicked your shit!... Picture theft is a form of flatterly!...
Wigs wrote:mine aren't really 'high quality' scans anyway.
Mine ain't either... But I am not going to do all that work so someone else to claim the credit... That ain't running old boy!...
Wigs wrote:However, anyone viewing the gallery will have to register in order to do so.
Your members will clapse your images!...
Everything you say is right.. Just not sure I've got the energy to watermark everything. I'll have a look at your details above (thanks for the trade secret! :-BD ) and maybe think about watermarking some of the less common flyers.

Tim
Posts: 193
Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 22:00

Re: WATERMARKING SCANS

Post by Tim » 01 Aug 2013, 18:01

Once im in a position (i have the time, just not the equipment) to upload flyers i would love to. I only joined the site a year ago and most of the flyers we all have in our collections have already been uploaded either to this site, or to Phatmedia's site. My main man (good friend) Beach will have 99% on his site anyway. Like most flyer collectors i like the idea of owning flyers that most or even no one else owns. I have certain flyers that i know wont have been seen before (literally a handfull) ! This is only because of how they were aquired, either thru the designers or promoters directly over 20 years ago. A good example is a A5 Universe flyer from mid 1992, a bright blue/pink design. I aquired it from the promoters themselves in '92/'93 along with all the other flyers they chucked in the envelope. This flyer was only distrubuted somewhere in Europe NOT in the UK. If i studied foreign languages at school i could tell you which country. The reverse is in a foreign language but has the english below and they mention their last event being .......pleasure planet June 1992. Take a look on Beach's site. Getting back to the subject i would want anything rare i uploaded watermarked, not because i dont want to share but because of certain collectors out there. When Me, Beach and a handfull of others started swapping in 1993 there was NO internet only Royal Mail and land lines, yeah no mobile phones JUST ALOT OF TRUST!!! Funny thing is we all got on swopped flyers, tapes, videos and could even drop the promoters a line and they would send you their entire back catolouge of flyers for an S.A.E. How times change! Mention no names..FANTAZIA :-? Keep up the good work all Wigs, Beach and Dave ^:)^

User avatar
phatmedia
Posts: 633
Joined: 19 Jun 2009, 07:57
Location: phatcity
Contact:

Re: WATERMARKING SCANS

Post by phatmedia » 01 Aug 2013, 18:32

nicky wrote:Getting back to the subject i would want anything rare i uploaded watermarked
Never a bad idea Nicky, its good to see your own watermark on images when they pop up on random websites or facebook gallery's or even ebay. I have had a few moans and groans regarding watermarks as some see it as taking credit for the artists work but I would never want it to look that way and always try my best to give full credit to the original designers and artwork where the designers were 'inspired' from such as Dali etc.
nicky wrote: When Me, Beach and a handfull of others started swapping in 1993 there was NO internet only Royal Mail and land lines, yeah no mobile phones JUST ALOT OF TRUST!!!
Used to get mine posted down from the Bassbox in Essex to Plymouth for free too. Loads of classics and a few I still havn't seen anywhere else.

nicky wrote:Keep up the good work all Wigs, Beach and Dave ^:)^
Cheers Nicky. Phat has been a bit slow with updates lately due to work commitments but watch this space for some major website tweakings! :D

Post Reply

Return to “General Flyer & Dance Music Chat”