1st time seller

All flyer & dance music related discussion not covered in the other forums goes in here
DossePosse

1st time seller

Post by DossePosse » 07 Apr 2010, 22:47

Hi all, I'm thinking of selling some of my spares on ebay, mostly Dizstruxshon & Uprising 96 onwards. I'm just after a guideline for P&P prices. I was thinking of selling a bundle of 5 A4's a time. What would you all recommend the P&P? I was thinking £1.99, am i selling myself short? I was gonna have the starting price at 99p

Higguz

Re: 1st time seller

Post by Higguz » 08 Apr 2010, 17:14

Hello mate

I suppose it depends how many doubles you have to sell - if there are alot then you could offer reduced p&p charges if people buy more than one lot of flyers from you at a time(the more they buy the better the p&p discount becomes)
If you dont have very many then im not sure as if someone wants to buy for instance 4 of your bundles & the p&p is £1.99 per bundle thats gona be £8 postage total which i rekon would put alot of people off no matter how cheap the start price is???
Its a tough question really as you might not end up selling any at all no matter what your prices are- of couse you could have the start price higher & offer free p&p???
Why not try posting a load of pics on this site of the ones you want to sell & you might end up getting rid of alot of them without having to use ebay meaning you wont have to pay ebay fees - Good luck whatever you do :-BD

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 08 Apr 2010, 17:30

I think £1.99 postage is a fair price, once you consider the cost of the envelope and the actual postage cost. You would just need to work out what to charge if someone bought more that one bundle. If you start the bidding at 99p yiu won't have any listing fee, but be prepared they may well sell for 99p. ;)

DossePosse

Post by DossePosse » 08 Apr 2010, 17:53

cheers for the advice guys, I will be selling bundles of 5 and will probably offer discount for multiple buys. I don't mind selling them for 99p as i picked them all up for free (sometimes as many as 50 of each a time) from the local record shop when i was a greedy young ruffian! Just unsure whether there is a demand for dizstruxshon and uprising flyers from 96-99. I'll probably put a few trial bundles on and see what happens

Higguz

Post by Higguz » 08 Apr 2010, 18:03

DossePosse wrote:cheers for the advice guys, I will be selling bundles of 5 and will probably offer discount for multiple buys. I don't mind selling them for 99p as i picked them all up for free (sometimes as many as 50 of each a time) from the local record shop when i was a greedy young ruffian! Just unsure whether there is a demand for dizstruxshon and uprising flyers from 96-99. I'll probably put a few trial bundles on and see what happens

No worries mate - bet your local record shop hated you :))
Thats a good idea doing some trial runs - i have seen Dizstruxshon ones sell quite well before so i rekon they will sell.You may want to contact malgossno1 as i think he collects some of the more recent flyers (you might be able to strike a private deal with him)

Mart

Post by Mart » 08 Apr 2010, 18:23

i picked them all up for free (sometimes as many as 50 of each a time) from the local record shop when i was a greedy young ruffian!
=)) im still doing that now at 31 :))

i love the oldskool Diz flyers, some of them have a eary feeling and the colour is mint

Higguz

Post by Higguz » 08 Apr 2010, 18:46

malgossno1 wrote:
i picked them all up for free (sometimes as many as 50 of each a time) from the local record shop when i was a greedy young ruffian!
=)) im still doing that now at 31 :))
Typical bloke - just a kid at heart :))

Return to “General Flyer & Dance Music Chat”