flyer prices

All flyer & dance music related discussion not covered in the other forums goes in here
halfchance

flyer prices

Post by halfchance » 15 Jun 2009, 14:20

all right people , just looking to find out you opinions on prices of flyers ie whats a good price and what isnt. ive got to be totally honest and say that i only discovered 2 months ago that people were buying flyers off ebay and i was shocked at how high the prices were, like a fiver for a rez flyer. then i really went into a state of shock when i stumbled across fantazias website and saw the rrp prices that they are selling some flyers at. obsession flyers ive got are £9.99 or something like that. im not a greedy person and personally i think thats shocking . i contacted them to see if they wanted to buy any flyers i have, and got reply telling me no and basically not to bother as its not worth the hastle. i almost took his advice and was going to give up but i put some on ebay and they sold. i put some more on and they sold as well. the rave scene was always overshadowed by the greed of promotion companies and thats not what we the ravers were about. anyway ive totally lost what im trying to say , my head always does this so back to the beginning and lets hear what you fell about prices of flyers
thanks for reading
stephen :D

Mart

Re: flyer prices

Post by Mart » 15 Jun 2009, 16:54

Hi Stephen
the rave scene was always overshadowed by the greed of promotion companies and thats not what we the ravers were about.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that is my favourite part :-BD

i would rather buy in bulk to be honest and i would not mind paying £10 for 20 flyers :D :))

there is no way im paying £2:50 a flyer and that seems to be the going rate on ebay

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 15 Jun 2009, 17:15

:-? It's a tricky subject and I guess all about supply and demand. I've picked up lots of flyers on Ebay for 99p or less if buying a few at a time. However, for certain flyers if you want them you are gonna have to pay (especially stuff from 1989 or before).

A couple of years ago a Rez 2 flyer went for about £50 as two people were bidding on it. Some recently I think went for a good price too. The most I've paid for a flyer is about £25, but have bought quite a few from the Ebay shops around £5 too.

With common flyers I'm after I generally wouldn't pay that much as you know they will always come around again. But if I saw one that hasn't been on Ebay before which I'm desperate for, then every now an then I'll pay what it takes. ;)

The prices in the Fantazia shop are a tad expensive and I've not bought any flyers from them (yet). Having said that I did buy a Fantazia Donnington ticket off them a while ago for about £20 as that was my 21st birthday. :))

missvinyljunkie

Post by missvinyljunkie » 17 Jun 2009, 08:48

i stopped buying flyers a while ago tbh so im well out of touch with prices etc started buying vinyl instead which much more expensive lol =))

kevin g

Post by kevin g » 17 Jun 2009, 15:44

my view on this is that collecting flyers is only just taking off,there must be thousands of ex ravers out there who have stopped ravin but want to own mementoes from their ravin days such as tape packs tickets and flyers,lets face it many flyers old and new are works of art in themselves and as such have that collectable factor,as for prices i know some of the very earlt acid house era ones from 87/88 have sold for 30 40 pound each prices seem to come down after 1990.

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 18 Jun 2009, 11:03

kevin g wrote:my view on this is that collecting flyers is only just taking off,there must be thousands of ex ravers out there who have stopped ravin but want to own mementoes from their ravin days
Yep, I only started my 'mid life crisis' a couple of years back. :)) ;)

Mart

Post by Mart » 18 Jun 2009, 11:26

kevin g wrote:
my view on this is that collecting flyers is only just taking off,there must be thousands of ex ravers out there who have stopped ravin but want to own mementoes from their ravin days
i only started collecting again about 3 or 4 months ago :)) im intrested in anything really from bitd to recent events

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 18 Jun 2009, 18:56

malgossno1 wrote:i only started collecting again about 3 or 4 months ago
It a slippery slope mate. :))

niconelove

Post by niconelove » 23 Jun 2009, 08:29

flyer buying has gone down by loads over the past few years, 10-5 years ago I was selling loads and loads of flyers every single week (even paid for a holiday to florida from them ;) ) and the prices were much much higher, now you are lucky to sell a few a week at 99p each.
thousands of flyers for sale, also coach and ticket sales for upcoming events like HTID, RAINDANCE, EPIDEMIK, UPROAR ETC.
http://www.onelovemagazine.co.uk

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 23 Jun 2009, 11:29

niconelove wrote:flyer buying has gone down by loads over the past few years, 10-5 years ago I was selling loads and loads of flyers every single week (even paid for a holiday to florida from them ;) ) and the prices were much much higher, now you are lucky to sell a few a week at 99p each.
Luckily for me I only started collecting a couple of years back. Since I've been collecting and looking at Ebay (nearly every day :)) ) it does seem that it's only the really rare stuff which will go for big money. You have a couple of hardcore collectors out there with deep pockets.

I have made bids (and occasionaly won) some of the rarer items. But normally if a lose out to one of the 'hardcore' I kind of don't mind as I know they would always bid much much more than me so I know I havn't lost by a few pence. ;)

For flyers 91 or 92 onwards if you wait you can normally get them very cheap. :D

Return to “General Flyer & Dance Music Chat”