What's the oldest flyer you own?

All flyer & dance music related discussion not covered in the other forums goes in here
TREBOR74

Re: What's the oldest flyer you own?

Post by TREBOR74 » 10 Jul 2009, 12:29

Not my oldest flyer, but certainly one that is reminiscent.....boom shanka!
EXODUS flyer A4.JPG
Exodus free party
EXODUS flyer A4.JPG (110.73 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
Sorry pic is unclear. Here is what it states:
Brothers and sisters of exodus

The do is on!!!! Friday 26th Feb at 10pm
The venue has had to be kept secret, as we have had news that the police have in fact contacted and offered at least one suitable venue for the period until we have secured our community centre. This would have taken the heat out of Luton. Why the fuck didnt they tell us???
The fact that it was a chief superintendant (not constable) who was contacted with this information, confirms our belief that the police publicly say one thing and in private do the dirty!!!
When you think of the balaclavad, no numbered riot police on the streets of Luton over the past month, it becomes urgent that we look into the real intentions of the chiefs of police. It is with this in mind, along with the thousands and thousands of signatures from local people that we demand a local - independent public inquiry, into this whole affair.
One more comment on the negs. Expect the same sort of harrassment (searches, abuse, road blacks, etc) as we have been seeing over the past month, because they are vindictive bastards!
We have made a public appeal to the police to stop this disgraceful harrassment of our people and to allow them to meet at the woodside estate 9pm Friday 26th Feb. without hoards of riot squads all over the shop!
Back to the positive, the venue is pukka! Not too far, open til 8am, possible new sub bass bins and of course the Exodus vibrations. We have had to pay for this and after four weeks of refusing venues because of ridiculous extortionate rates we have found a comprimise. We can rock from 10 til 8, full effects, dub chill zone, etc. for £5. This will go down when we secure our own centre, to £3.
Full details in positive vibrations.

Love and respect to you all
Boom shanka!!!

Please send SAE for membership

These were the days. Many times Exodus crew were in the newspapers for such issues as doing a strike outside local police station (I know, I was there!) and allegedly bombing and rioting (too buzzed up to do such acts!!)
Has anyone else got any newspaper clippings of free parties?
Last edited by TREBOR74 on 10 Jul 2009, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
WHERE THERE IS MUSIC THERE IS NO EVIL

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 10 Jul 2009, 12:38

TREBOR74 wrote:gotta be Summer 1988 - Spectrum holiday to Ibiza - Happy daze ;0)
That is a fantasic Spectrum flyer.. A true gem you have there from 88. ^:)^

TREBOR74

Post by TREBOR74 » 10 Jul 2009, 13:45

check out flyer - Spectrum '88 finally uploaded :D
WHERE THERE IS MUSIC THERE IS NO EVIL

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 10 Jul 2009, 14:16

TREBOR74 wrote:check out flyer - Spectrum '88 finally uploaded :D
I've not seen one of those before that's for sure. :D

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 10 Jul 2009, 19:02

TREBOR74 wrote:Not my oldest flyer, but certainly one that is reminiscent.....boom shanka!
EXODUS flyer A4.JPG
Sorry pic is unclear. Here is what it states:
Brothers and sisters of exodus

The do is on!!!! Friday 26th Feb at 10pm
The venue has had to be kept secret, as we have had news that the police have in fact contacted and offered at least one suitable venue for the period until we have secured our community centre. This would have taken the heat out of Luton. Why the fuck didnt they tell us???
The fact that it was a chief superintendant (not constable) who was contacted with this information, confirms our belief that the police publicly say one thing and in private do the dirty!!!
When you think of the balaclavad, no numbered riot police on the streets of Luton over the past month, it becomes urgent that we look into the real intentions of the chiefs of police. It is with this in mind, along with the thousands and thousands of signatures from local people that we demand a local - independent public inquiry, into this whole affair.
One more comment on the negs. Expect the same sort of harrassment (searches, abuse, road blacks, etc) as we have been seeing over the past month, because they are vindictive bastards!
We have made a public appeal to the police to stop this disgraceful harrassment of our people and to allow them to meet at the woodside estate 9pm Friday 26th Feb. without hoards of riot squads all over the shop!
Back to the positive, the venue is pukka! Not too far, open til 8am, possible new sub bass bins and of course the Exodus vibrations. We have had to pay for this and after four weeks of refusing venues because of ridiculous extortionate rates we have found a comprimise. We can rock from 10 til 8, full effects, dub chill zone, etc. for £5. This will go down when we secure our own centre, to £3.
Full details in positive vibrations.

Love and respect to you all
Boom shanka!!!

Please send SAE for membership

These were the days. Many times Exodus crew were in the newspapers for such issues as doing a strike outside local police station (I know, I was there!) and allegedly bombing and rioting (too buzzed up to do such acts!!)
Has anyone else got any newspaper clippings of free parties?
Nice one for posting that.. Very interesting.
It seems like the police were going to some lengths to stop them happening.

Gabberfreak82

Post by Gabberfreak82 » 11 Jul 2009, 11:40

summer 88 i was 5yrs young *haha*

my oldest flyer is now from 1992. i haven´t made a scan yet

mushroomz

Post by mushroomz » 15 Jul 2009, 11:40

not my scan but i've got one of these. had flyers from Feb 90 BITD which is when i started raving but alas i gave all but one of my flyers away years ago :((

rave_flyers

Post by rave_flyers » 15 Jul 2009, 14:49

Very good question!!

i'll have to look, but have two 88 ones.

There was an app online where you could regress dates to get a year, e.g. 19th sept, could be 91, or 98 etc.

You can do it on the calendar within the clock on your desktop!

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 15 Jul 2009, 17:28

rave_flyers wrote:Very good question!!

i'll have to look, but have two 88 ones.

There was an app online where you could regress dates to get a year, e.g. 19th sept, could be 91, or 98 etc.

You can do it on the calendar within the clock on your desktop!
Yeah, I've had to use the outlook calander to confirm some dates. :))
Love to see those 1988 ones! :-BD

Higguz

Post by Higguz » 16 Jul 2009, 19:26

I think these have to be the oldest flyers i have,they are from 1987/88,i dont have a clue what sort of event it was or what the music policy was as i was only 10/11 years old at the time!
Attachments
Dial 'B' - The Christmas Crack.jpg
Dial 'B' - The Christmas Crack.jpg (77.37 KiB) Viewed 1736 times

Return to “General Flyer & Dance Music Chat”