dreamscape wow

All flyer & dance music related discussion not covered in the other forums goes in here
blayboy

Re: dreamscape wow

Post by blayboy » 26 Oct 2014, 18:54

PS... better add that whenever i spoke to Jim he seemed very straight up. Always sent me flyers and i genuinely believe he wanted to give everyone a huge party. Don't think he ever set out to mess anyone around.

Im not for one minute going to pretend that the rave / club scene of today can even compare to that era. I had some great times at Dreamscape during the 90s. Problem is events, clubs and promoters come and go & Things change.

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 26 Oct 2014, 19:17

blayboy wrote:PS... better add that whenever i spoke to Jim he seemed very straight up. Always sent me flyers and i genuinely believe he wanted to give everyone a huge party. Don't think he ever set out to mess anyone around.

Im not for one minute going to pretend that the rave / club scene of today can even compare to that era. I had some great times at Dreamscape during the 90s. Problem is events, clubs and promoters come and go & Things change.
I agree.. I've never had any dealing directly with Jim, but certainly the impression I have from many people is that he was (is) as straight up, genuine bloke.. I guess things got a bit out of control and as I mentioned before believe legal advisers would have been telling him to stay quiet once it looked like the wheels had come off.

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 27 Oct 2014, 08:41

blayboy wrote:PS... better add that whenever i spoke to Jim he seemed very straight up. Always sent me flyers and i genuinely believe he wanted to give everyone a huge party. Don't think he ever set out to mess anyone around.

I had a load of flyers and posters sent to me for free by Jim which I thought really sound and top bloke. Shame it all ended like this as the club nights would have continued successfully Im sure.

niconelove

Post by niconelove » 01 Nov 2014, 08:21

blayboy wrote:
they didn't pay back a single person, the only people who got refunds were from actual paypal and the credit card company's. what they done with all the money I do not know, 2500 tickets sold at up to £67 a ticket is a lot of money so glad I paid by paypal
Lucky you did by the sounds of it... 2500 tickets... think they were hoping to sell around 20000 ?! Looks like they largely over estimated the demand and probably spent a lot of the ticket money on Promotion and putting money into The bookings as (i think) some artist or agents ask for the money in advance?! Possible reason why it all folded..?!

This maybe a little controversial and I probably wont be popular for making these comments on here but personally did think £50+ for a daytime festival to listen to old skool was a bit much but it was indicated that if i didnt like it then shove it!! Think the one of club events were a better idea..!? There's still a lot of events and daytime dance festivals that still have good attendence's and good vibes but a lot of the Ravers these days wont have even heard of Dreamscape!
I agree, it was way way over priced, and when i mentioned it I was made to sound like I was tight lol all the other hardcore/old skool festivals this year and last year have been around £15 - £25 and all have just the same amount of production and most of them just about sold out
thousands of flyers for sale, also coach and ticket sales for upcoming events like HTID, RAINDANCE, EPIDEMIK, UPROAR ETC.
http://www.onelovemagazine.co.uk

blayboy

Post by blayboy » 02 Nov 2014, 12:17

I agree, it was way way over priced, and when i mentioned it I was made to sound like I was tight lol all the other hardcore/old skool festivals this year and last year have been around £15 - £25 and all have just the same amount of production and most of them just about sold out
Appreciate the cost of organising events are high but £50 + for a ticket for a Daytime old skool rave compared to the United Festival where the tickets started at £15 and final release was £35 plus the line up was just as good with 5 tents including One Nation, Trance, House, Garage & Old Skool and an outdoor arena!

Return to “General Flyer & Dance Music Chat”