dreamscape wow

All flyer & dance music related discussion not covered in the other forums goes in here
niconelove

dreamscape wow

Post by niconelove » 16 Feb 2014, 08:30

thousands of flyers for sale, also coach and ticket sales for upcoming events like HTID, RAINDANCE, EPIDEMIK, UPROAR ETC.
http://www.onelovemagazine.co.uk

niconelove

Re: dreamscape wow

Post by niconelove » 16 Feb 2014, 08:44

thousands of flyers for sale, also coach and ticket sales for upcoming events like HTID, RAINDANCE, EPIDEMIK, UPROAR ETC.

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 16 Feb 2014, 08:55

Does look like it could be big. I would actually have been a little tempted, but we go on our family holiday that weekend, so it's a no go for me.

blayboy

Post by blayboy » 21 Oct 2014, 17:45

Not sure if this is bit of a sensitive subject but does anyone know what happened to this Dreamscape event?

Didnt pay a huge amount of attention but did notice it was rescheduled to September after lower than expected ticket sales. Did try and find out how the event went but notice that was also cancelled. A lot of the Dreamscape Facebook pages have also disappeared. Did read some comments about administrators of Dreamscape FB groups getting abuse and having to close the DS Fan groups. ?!

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 21 Oct 2014, 19:16

blayboy wrote:Not sure if this is bit of a sensitive subject but does anyone know what happened to this Dreamscape event?

Didnt pay a huge amount of attention but did notice it was rescheduled to September after lower than expected ticket sales. Did try and find out how the event went but notice that was also cancelled. A lot of the Dreamscape Facebook pages have also disappeared. Did read some comments about administrators of Dreamscape FB groups getting abuse and having to close the DS Fan groups. ?!
I saw the fall out on Facebook as well. Lots of people wanted refunds when the date was changed and as you say ultimately the September event got cancelled. There was a lot of bad feeling on FB as the Dreamscape guys (Jim Tang and co) when silent after the cancellation and people had a lot of trouble getting refunds.

The admins on the unofficial FB page were left to deal with the fall out. Believe many did get refunds through paypal / credit card protection, but not sure if anyone (or many people) who paid by bank transfer direct to them managed to secure a refund.

I think the DS organisers went quiet possibly from legal advice before they went into administration.. but a shame really as it gave the appearance of them not caring, which I'm sure they did.

phatmedia

Post by phatmedia » 21 Oct 2014, 20:00

Such a shame its ended like this for Jim & co. Seems reminiscent to the old days, Woodstock2, Obsession Virtual World etc. One huge event can make or break an organisation for whatever reason. Low tickets sales, bad planning, council opposition etc.

I know a few festivals in London with old skool themes were busy enough this Summer. One in Finsbury park and one in Upminster but it seems ESP went too big too soon. Lets see if they get they're rep back now and start the club nights again, under a (slightly) different name of course. Obsession - Obsessed type rebranding.

Tim

Post by Tim » 21 Oct 2014, 21:14

Has anyone ever managed to put on a party at the MK Bowl??? You had perception in '91 Sunrise!! in '93 and they all seem to 'not happen' :-w

blayboy

Post by blayboy » 21 Oct 2014, 22:17

I saw the fall out on Facebook as well. Lots of people wanted refunds when the date was changed and as you say ultimately the September event got cancelled. There was a lot of bad feeling on FB as the Dreamscape guys (Jim Tang and co) when silent after the cancellation and people had a lot of trouble getting refunds.

The admins on the unofficial FB page were left to deal with the fall out. Believe many did get refunds through paypal / credit card protection, but not sure if anyone (or many people) who paid by bank transfer direct to them managed to secure a refund.

I think the DS organisers went quiet possibly from legal advice before they went into administration.. but a shame really as it gave the appearance of them not caring, which I'm sure they did.
Thanks Tim... thought this might be the case... shame.. always thought Jim Tang seemed a genuine bloke... Looks like they should have stuck to the smaller club events... ! Looks like it was a bit too ambitious ! A lot of the Day time Festivals like United, SW9 and 'We Are Festival' still seem to be successful but do cater for music from across the spectrum of Dance music and like the United Festival have music from the past 25 Years!

niconelove

Post by niconelove » 25 Oct 2014, 07:23

they didn't pay back a single person, the only people who got refunds were from actual paypal and the credit card company's. what they done with all the money I do not know, 2500 tickets sold at up to £67 a ticket is a lot of money.
so glad I paid by paypal :D

blayboy

Post by blayboy » 25 Oct 2014, 10:16

they didn't pay back a single person, the only people who got refunds were from actual paypal and the credit card company's. what they done with all the money I do not know, 2500 tickets sold at up to £67 a ticket is a lot of money so glad I paid by paypal
Lucky you did by the sounds of it... 2500 tickets... think they were hoping to sell around 20000 ?! Looks like they largely over estimated the demand and probably spent a lot of the ticket money on Promotion and putting money into The bookings as (i think) some artist or agents ask for the money in advance?! Possible reason why it all folded..?!

This maybe a little controversial and I probably wont be popular for making these comments on here but personally did think £50+ for a daytime festival to listen to old skool was a bit much but it was indicated that if i didnt like it then shove it!! Think the one of club events were a better idea..!? There's still a lot of events and daytime dance festivals that still have good attendence's and good vibes but a lot of the Ravers these days wont have even heard of Dreamscape!

Return to “General Flyer & Dance Music Chat”