Info: Its-all-about-oldskool.com offline

All flyer & dance music related discussion not covered in the other forums goes in here
msprim

Re: Info: Its-all-about-oldskool.com offline

Post by msprim » 18 Jul 2009, 15:58

China-Rising wrote:I can't go into too many details but it has been done on purpose.

All posts ect ect are safe and are not affected by this problem. So all is good on that score :) .

A system file has been changed and needs to be put right. That is what cause the error of reading posts and the 404 error you all were getting. This will be sorted, fingers crossed, later tonight. If not, it will be done tomorrow at the latest.

What do you mean it was done on purpose China? :-?

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 18 Jul 2009, 16:01

msprim wrote:
China-Rising wrote:I can't go into too many details but it has been done on purpose.

All posts ect ect are safe and are not affected by this problem. So all is good on that score :) .

A system file has been changed and needs to be put right. That is what cause the error of reading posts and the 404 error you all were getting. This will be sorted, fingers crossed, later tonight. If not, it will be done tomorrow at the latest.

What do you mean it was done on purpose China? :-?
This is the annoucement over the other side
China-Rising wrote:On the 17th July 2009, just after 1pm, members were experiencing problems with the forum when they clicked on a topic. The error in question looked like this...
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /viewtopic.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at http://www.its-all-about-oldskool.com Port 80
It appears that the system file (viewtopic) was tampered with and edited by an outside source. In other words, it appears that the file was hacked.

We have come to the conclusion that this wasn't just some random hacker who stumbled across this file and decided to mess with it, this was done by someone with the sole purpose of causing as much disruption to the site as possible. This person, or persons, with access to the system files could have caused a lot more damage if they had chosen to do so. In an extreme case they could have actually deleted the whole forum, resulting in us losing everything here that we have built up.

This was done by a very spiteful person or persons and obviously someone who either holds a grudge, or is very jealous of what we have here.

We don't know who it is as of yet, but once I can get access to the log files of my hosting account, if will give me a much clearer picture of what went on and who did it.

Everything is back to normal now and all is fixed once again.

In light of this, we would like all members to change their passwords which they use to access this forum. This is just a precautionary measure and there is no need to worry. When using a new password, try and make it something which you do not use anywhere else, that includes other forums or email passwords and try to make it as cryptic as possible, perhaps using upper case and lower case letters and also numbers.

Thanks,

its-all-about-oldskool Admin & Mod Team

msprim

Post by msprim » 18 Jul 2009, 16:07

I can't believe someone would be that spiteful :-o

Fooking arsehole/s X(

Why do people do this? :-?

Still what goes around comes around - i believe in this :-BD

I'm glad the site is back online ^:)^ - i was gutted when i went there and i couldn't do anything =((

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 18 Jul 2009, 17:04

www.its-all-about-oldskool.com is back online.. See site for further information. :-BD
Thread locked.

Return to “General Flyer & Dance Music Chat”