English / European Flyers

All flyer & dance music related discussion not covered in the other forums goes in here
Gabberfreak82

English / European Flyers

Post by Gabberfreak82 » 12 Jul 2009, 12:12

so first please don´t missunderstand the topic name ;)

i just wonder about that a lot of english stuff isn´t well known in germany, holland, belgium, france, ... and the same otherside also. how could that happen ?

i also don´t have much information about the english hardcore scene. i know there´s "hardcore heaven", "judgement day" and some other stuff but it´s hard to get that flyerstuff here. that´s really a pitty in my eyes...

Wigs
Site Admin

Re: English / European Flyers

Post by Wigs » 12 Jul 2009, 17:15

Gabberfreak82 wrote:so first please don´t missunderstand the topic name ;)

i just wonder about that a lot of english stuff isn´t well known in germany, holland, belgium, france, ... and the same otherside also. how could that happen ?

i also don´t have much information about the english hardcore scene. i know there´s "hardcore heaven", "judgement day" and some other stuff but it´s hard to get that flyerstuff here. that´s really a pitty in my eyes...
I must admidt my knowledge of flyers only stretches to the early UK 90's ones as that's when I was going out. My knowledge of current UK flyers is fairly small. :ymblushing:

I guess the reason that European / UK collectors don't know that much about each others flyers may be because not many promoters have crossed borders and done events in other countries. :-?

msprim

Post by msprim » 13 Jul 2009, 13:46

I must admit i only know about the UK flyers from various events in the early 90s too as that was when i was raving.

I don't know anything about the European rave scene to be honest and i think Wigs made a good point above about it.

As for up-to-date flyers - i don't have a clue :ymblushing:

As for getting UK rave flyers - there is plenty on Ebay and they are easy to get hold off - you just need to know where to look.

Look in the Website/Shop Promotion Section ;)

Mart

Post by Mart » 13 Jul 2009, 16:27

Recent event flyers

one UK event that has gone across waters :)) is Uproar here is the website with details http://www.uproar-events.com/goestothedam/

i currently have about 5 flyers from recent events at the Dam (Amsterdam)

Mart

Post by Mart » 13 Jul 2009, 16:30

another flyer from a recent HTID event in spain http://www.htid.co.uk/inthesun09/its09infoguide.pdf

Gabberfreak82

Post by Gabberfreak82 » 13 Jul 2009, 18:54

there doesn´t need to come a promoter over the water. prodigy was often enough here :-D

i wanna know more about the english (happy)hardcore/gabber scene and i wanna have some flyers from over there :-)

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 13 Jul 2009, 19:04

Gabberfreak82 wrote:there doesn´t need to come a promoter over the water. prodigy was often enough here :-D
I saw Prodigy on a number of occasions back in 1991 and 1992. :D
I would rate them as one of the best PA's I saw. ^:)^ ^:)^

Mart

Post by Mart » 13 Jul 2009, 19:06

Gabberfreak82 wrote:there doesn´t need to come a promoter over the water. prodigy was often enough here :-D

i wanna know more about the english (happy)hardcore/gabber scene and i wanna have some flyers from over there :-)
at the moment the events that are big would be - 1. HTID (Hardcore Till i Die) .2. Raver Baby .3. Uproar all three of these events are playing Hardcore, new breaks music and cheesey core :))

HTID also do The Harder They Come Room - see picture for the kind of Djs that play the harder room

i will get some of my flyers up on this sit soon :D

Gabberfreak82

Post by Gabberfreak82 » 13 Jul 2009, 20:28

is there also a way to become some english (happy)hardcore flyers for my collection :-)
would be cool to get more stuff from the island

Mart

Post by Mart » 13 Jul 2009, 20:30

Gabberfreak82 wrote:is there also a way to become some english (happy)hardcore flyers for my collection :-)
would be cool to get more stuff from the island
i will post some scans of my doubles tomorrow mate :-BD

Return to “General Flyer & Dance Music Chat”