Woodstock 2 Flyer with mtv logo's

All flyer & dance music related discussion not covered in the other forums goes in here
J.C

Woodstock 2 Flyer with mtv logo's

Post by J.C » 08 May 2012, 07:50

Mornin all.. :)
Just a query... one of me mates has come across a Woodstock 2 flyer that looks a little different to the norm.
Its pretty silimar to the standard one but has 2 large MTV dance logo's on it.. She and I've not noticed this on the flyer before..?? prob nothing but just curious..
cheers :-BD

Higguz

Re: Woodstock 2 Flyer with mtv logo's

Post by Higguz » 08 May 2012, 12:21

Hi J.C

Yeah there are 2 versions of this flyer,the one in the pic doesnt tend to come up as often on ebay (from what i can remember anyway) whether its worth any more than the version without the MTV logos i dont know, but its not fake or anything so theres nothing to worry about - did you know that the event never went ahead in the end, would have been some rave if it had \:D/

blayboy

Post by blayboy » 08 May 2012, 13:23

The mtv flyers came out after the main flyer... i think mtv were going to sponsor the rave at one point..
Maybe wrong but they may have been one of the financer's that pulled out of the event meaning it couldn't go ahead?
:-Q

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 08 May 2012, 17:37

My Mrs (before I knew her) had tickets and hadn't heard it was cancelled.
Her & her mate turned up in Milton Keynes only to find out it was off.. They thought the bloke on the gate was winding them up! =))

Higguz

Post by Higguz » 08 May 2012, 17:41

Wigs wrote:My Mrs (before I knew her) had tickets and hadn't heard it was cancelled.
Her & her mate turned up in Milton Keynes only to find out it was off.. They thought the bloke on the gate was winding them up! =))

How gutted must they have been - if it had been me i'd have wanted to smash something up X( :))

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 08 May 2012, 18:13

Higguz wrote:
Wigs wrote:My Mrs (before I knew her) had tickets and hadn't heard it was cancelled.

How gutted must they have been - if it had been me i'd have wanted to smash something up X( :))
I don't think she ever got over it... :)) It would have been her first large rave. #-o

Higguz

Post by Higguz » 08 May 2012, 18:43

Wigs wrote:
Higguz wrote:

I don't think she ever got over it... :)) It would have been her first large rave. #-o

Nitemare - nearly enough to put you off for life :))

I remember once me & a mate went to Helter at the Sanctuary without tickets because it said tickets available at the door,we queued up for about an hour right near the front then the security came out & started telling everyone to get their tickets ready,me & my mate then questioned them & they told us there werent any tickets on the door & we werent getting in - we were proper pissed off!

Wigs
Site Admin

Post by Wigs » 08 May 2012, 18:48

Higguz wrote:I remember once me & a mate went to Helter at the Sanctuary without tickets because it said tickets available at the door,we queued up for about an hour right near the front then the security came out & started telling everyone to get their tickets ready,me & my mate then questioned them & they told us there werent any tickets on the door & we werent getting in - we were proper pissed off!
Gutted..

Think the only time something like that happened to me was at the begining of 1992 (must have been the 1st or 2nd Saturday of 92) when we drove the hour and a half to Sterns only find it was closed due to refurbishment. :((

Higguz

Post by Higguz » 08 May 2012, 18:51

Wigs wrote:Gutted..

Think the only time something like that happened to me was at the begining of 1992 (must have been the 1st or 2nd Saturday of 92) when we drove the hour and a half to Sterns only find it was closed due to refurbishment. :((
F**K that - did you ever get back to Sterns? (cant remember if you've ever mentioned going to Sterns before :-? 8-} )

J.C

Post by J.C » 08 May 2012, 19:04

Hi lads, cheers for the response. ^:)^
yeah, i know the story about the event.. like you said big shame something on this scale never happened... and to be fair it did'nt do dreamscape as a business much good either did it for a short time!
Its not really a matter of value just myself and mate were curious about the MTV badges.. im not really into collecting DS flyers but ive never seen that one around before..
I noticed on the fantazia site they advertise an A4 one for this event too as well as the larger original one.
I wonder if MTV was actually the reason for the event failing lol :-? :-?
Cheers.
JC

Return to “General Flyer & Dance Music Chat”